Please request your repeat prescriptions in plenty of time allowing up to 3 working days. All requests must be made in writing or by ticking the repeat re-order forms issued with the previous prescription.
You can request your repeat prescriptions as follows:
- Bringing in your request to the Surgery, or using the prescription box outside.
- Posting the request to us.
- Faxing your request on 01483 225253
- Using our online service.
- Requesting the repeat prescriptions through one of the local chemists.
- You can collect your prescription, or you can indicate on the form if you would prefer to collect it from either Boots Pharmacy in Send, or Lloyds Pharmacy in Ripley or Kingfield.
For reasons of safety, we do not take requests for repeat prescriptions over the telephone. You could contact your local pharmacy to request the medication on your behalf.
When collecting a prescription from the Surgery, if it more convenient for you, we will give your prescription to a relative or friend unless you tell in writing that you would prefer us not to do so.
Please allow up to three full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Urgent Requests for Repeat Medications
If you run out of your medications and need an urgent prescription, we will ask you to collect it after 5.30pm the same day. This is a one-off service.
Patients on repeat medication will be reviewed annually by a doctor or practice nurse. You may be asked to make an appointment for blood tests prior to the medication review and notification will appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.